Monday, January 7, 2019

Josie Marfori


It is with a sad and heavy heart that I remember the life of Josie Marfori who passed away in 2002.She is from the Philippines , worked for the US Govt and belonged to the parish of St.Matthew's Cathedral,Washington D.C.I met her while I was at St.Matthew's.  I  was invited to bless her apartment and she was a regular participant at the masses at the Cathedral. She was very supportive and helpful.She even bought a car in order to give me rides. She took me to the University of Maryland to meet a professor. She used to invite me to meet her family at some of their important functions.I feel very sorry that she passed away so quickly . She lay unconscious in her room for three days and it was her sister who finally found her and took her to the hospital.She regained her memory but lost her speaking ability.She would babble without making much sense .I have visited her at the hospital in Virginia a few times. It was after I moved to Chicago that she passed away. If I knew earlier about her demise and funeral  details, I would have gone to Washington DC to attend her funeral. She was the first of my friends who passed away. 

 

No comments: