Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Birthday Celebrations,Fr.M.C.Joseph

The family had a get-together for lunch yesterday.It was a small gathering but it went OK.After the lunch, I came back to Mount St.Thomas.It was tea-time here and the Cardinal introduced me to the bishops and they all sang together " Happy Birthday."
Fr.M.C.Joseph is an unforgettable teacher who was always interested in encouraging the talents and educational aspirations of his students.He was my English teacher at H.S. He conducted spiritual exercises for the students at the School.I remember him coming for my ordination  with his broken arm in sling.I cannot forget my meeting with him after my ordination. I realized the great love he held for me. He used to come to the college office when I was the Principal. How happy I was  in seeing him coming  to the office and spending time with me!He might have felt really proud in seeing his student as the principal of the college.Meeting him at the Old Age home at Kidangara was a great joy for me. At that time, I had already retired from the college and was working in the U.S.
God bless him.


No comments: