Sunday, November 5, 2017

Fr.Mathew Mepreth


I am very sad to note that one of my dear friends passed away on Nov.3 at 4.35am and his funeral was held on Nov.4th. His demise is a great loss for me. He had always been a great supporter of mine, very encouraging and affectionate. He  would visit me at the college office and encourage me in my various activities. What a  loss! I don't have any priest-friend as loyal and supportive as he was. He always wanted everything to happen nicely for me. He wanted to be present at my jubilee.Since he was not well, I told him not to exert himself to come for the mass. But he did. He was present there until the end. I praised him in my speech and people clapped to show their appreciation for his presence. How can I tell him that I am missing him so much!O Lord, grant him eternal rest.
Let me remember him always in my life.

How can I forget his endearing smile and loving words
Gentle, tender-hearted and uplifting he  was

Always was there to inspire and encourage me
At every phase of my life, his encouragement was my support

I feel his absence very strongly
It is as if a tall and shady tree was blown by a tempestuous storm
Leaving nothing on the ground;the trunk,branches and the leaves all were taken away.

His affection for the Church was unwavering
So was his interest in the growth of the parish community

He would ask me to say mass  at the parish church
Wanted me to be in touch with the people of the parish

People loved him ; his innocence and inspiring words were a s
ource of support
O Lord, grant him eternal rest and joy.

No comments: