Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Funeral of Fr.Kalam,May 1,18

Today(May 1,18) I went to Pallikkoottumma to participate in the funeral mass for Fr. George Kalathil. I met him a few days ago at the priests' residence. He was weak and frail and could not speak well. But  he mentioned my name when I asked him whether he recognized me. I prayed over him before I left. I feel consoled in the fact that I could meet him.He suffered a lot through his physical ailments caused by Parkinson's disease.
God bless you,Fr.Kalathil.We will never forget you.
Still, the pain left by his demise is very deep. His presence at the priests' residence made me often visit the place.He was gentle, affable and friendly. No bitter words ever came from him referring to other people.he was very active and was very energetic while he was studying at the seminary.He was also active as a young priest. He was in charge of the Yuva Deepti and was sent to Canada for studies in social work. 
All of us , his classmates, miss him deeply.
God bless him.

No comments: