Sunday, August 21, 2022

Fr.Jose Viruppel

 It was with great sadness  that I received the news of the passing away of Fr. Jose Viruppel, the former Librarian of S.B. College. It was rumoured that he was getting weaker and he was admitted to the hospital during the days before his demise. He went through a lot of suffering through his dialysis and the bypass surgery. Through all these he passed with great calmness. I had a chance to visit him when he was moved to the room after his by pass surgery at the Lissy hospital. He was a gentle, cordial, affable and highly courteous priest. Whenever I visited him at the Lourdes Church, Tvm or at the college before his retirement, he showed me great respect and was extremely hospitable. He was a passionate lover of the library just like his predecessor, Fr.Mattappaly. He was instrumental in starting PG and UG courses in Library Science at S. B. College. In his death, we lost a very affable and kind priest. The sweet smile that flashes on his face when I meet him is unforgettable. He came to Chicago while I was there  and during the homily, he mentioned that I had appointed him at the college. He passed away on July 19th.

God bless him and give him eternal rest. I went to view him while his body was brought to the administrative block of S. B. College.

No comments: