Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Prof.George Sebastian

 

It was with a heavy heart that we bade farewell to Prof. George Sebastian yesterday at Chunkapara.I was requested to give the funeral eulogy at the funeral rites at home where Abp. Mar Joseph Perumthottam led the service. A few teachers and a lot of the  people from the parish were present at the funeral. Prof. George Sebastian's enthusiastic voice still rings in my ears. I saw him while he was at the ICU at Lisie Hospital. When I prayed over him and spoke to him , tears were rolling down from his eyes. He used to keep me updated about his visits to  different doctors and I thought he would overcome his illness and resume his  active life. But  God's will was different and it was time for him to go. His voice was always full of  laughter and enthusiasm. He was always particular to visit the sick teachers and was present at he funerals of retired teachers. He was very helpful to the Principals at the college and so was he to me while I was the Principal. Always present at the college for occasions when his service was requested for, For the maintenance of discipline, for the organization of various committees at the different exhibitions at the college, for the management of the new store and for every small and big events , he was available and offered his help without any reservation. He even lent financial help to the college when I was in need of funds for the college at the time of retirement. He was also very actively involved in the development of the parish. I feel sorry for his absence from our midst but feel consoled that he is with the Lord after this hectic life here. God bless him and his family.

His wife, Mariamma, children: Soji, Aby and Jogy.

No comments: