Sunday, June 16, 2019

Henri Nouwen about his mother

The following words of Henri Nouwen are very touching.They speak about the feelings he has at the loss of his mother.When his mother was alive she wanted to share everything that is good with him, especially in the Spring when nature comes out in full blooms.Everyone who has experienced the loss of his mother would have the same feelings.

 

"When I see the rich soil, I thought of mother being buried in similar soil a few moths ago. and a strange feeling welled up within the experience of beauty.I can no longer tell her about what I saw, nor can I write her about the next spring...."(Prayers from the Genesee: A Cry for Mercy."p.68.

I have the same feelings about my parents. so many things happened in my life after their demise.An emptiness arises in my heart when I find that I cannot share all those things that happened in my life with them.

 

No comments: