Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Fr.Abraham Mupparathara

 Fr.Abraham

Fr. Mupparathar was buried at the Kiliroor church cemetery on Aug.4th, the feast day  of St.John Vianney.Fr.Abraham was a simple , loving and kind priest.He had no pretensions.He could move with people of all tastes and levels of education and was loved by the people of his parishes for his dedication.In every parish he was assigned to , he made it appear better  than what it was before.Built many churches, parish halls etc.There was no appearance of tension in his life.He was a good friend of mine. He used to write to me often when I was in the States.I have visited him in many of the parishes where he was stationed.

I lost another friend of mine with his passing away.He used to call me and offer his congratulations whenever my articles appeared in the newspapers. What a lovely person he was.I could have shown more appreciation of his life and his  work. His talks were simple.He was very warm-hearted. The last meeting we had with him was at Kumarakom.That was the last time we could enjoy his laughter and banter.

God bless him and give him eternal rest.

No comments: