Thursday, August 5, 2021

Thank you,24

 Thank you-24

Friday,July 17th
How soon the days pass.I am here at Ekm.I am not doing much.I read parts of George Wiegel's book and of Tipping Point.Could not do much of the sermon plans.Maybe morning time is good for writing sermons.I will begin it from today on wards. Because of the Covid, everything is at a standstill. As for older people, it is safe to be home and to be doing nothing. Lord, have mercy on me and help me to be close to you.
Yesterday, bought a coffee maker that makes warm water.

I am going for a short walk.
The Oriental insurance would send a scanned copy of the check to Bangalore.It would take a week for the reimbursement.Did not contact the Tata insurance. Will do it on Monday.
I will start writing an article on Cardinal Newman soon.Will finish it by the coming two days.Plan to go to the Mount on Monday.
Had a short walk on the balcony.I haven't done much today.
July 18,Saturday
Today too not much was done although I thought I could write a few sermon notes.Will try again.That is the goal I have before me.I don't think I would be able to publish this before August as it is already late in July.Maybe I should think of this for  August,21.

Prof.Joy Kattampally passed away.I got the first information from Cyril's face book post.Talked to his wife (Rosamma Joseph)in the afternoon.She said that he had passed away yesterday by 4p.m.He was slowly dying , each organ failing.Hospitals could not do anything.He was very respectful and had  a very joyful appearance whenever I met him.He was present at all the functions where I was present.God bless him.
Jesus, thank you for your blessings.I offer my life to you.You are the joy of my life.
Talked to Fr.Viruppel.
July 19,Sunday
Thank you Lord for this day. I will spend today more in prayer.I have to spend my  time in prayers and penance.In the Gospel of Luke,Ch.13, Jesus speaks about the need for prayers and penance , referring to the death of 18 Galileans. All are asked to be ready everyday through repentance.Then our death would not be untimely.

O Lord, give me the grace to express total repentance. My days are numbered.I have to get ready through my repentance and penance.I have to depend on the mercy of the Lord.
July 20,Monday
How soon the  days pass by. Today I will be leaving for the Mount and will stay there for a few days.The Cardinal has invited me several times to stay over there. It is another opportunity for me to spend my time in prayer.I have to renew the Airtel today just to keep the second phone working.I have to  go for a short walk and then get packing for the trip to the Mount.Last evening.Ajoy came here.
I have not noted down the date of my airtell connection.Most probably it happened on my return from the Mount.I did that because my phone was found overheated.Now, it is normal after I kept it non-working for a few minutes and deleted many apps.
This morning, I came to the Mount and met a few fathers and they were found very welcoming. I said mass at 12 noon and was present for lunch.The seat was awkward as I was face to face with the priest and I have to turn  sideways always if I want to talk.Tomorrow morning, I am going to change my position by taking a seat at the back in the center. Even though I would be far off,it does not matter as I don't have  to turn my head always.I can avoid unnecessary comments.Lord, help me to stand by the decision.I was invited by the Cardinal so many times and so I thought of coming. I should not express any feelings of unpleasantness.Just accept it.It will always be good for me.I don't need any position any more.I have to praise my Lord.That is all. I am given a room and that is enough for me.The Cardinal was very warm towards me. I will stay here as long as it is possible.I am at the edge of my life and anything can happen at any time.So many young people have lost their lives.I have to be thankful to the Lord and use my time to praise the Lord.
I don't know why I lost my sleep and here I am sitting in my chair and typing.It is one a.m. and still my eyes are open.Lord, have mercy on me.Help me to praise you.Still my eyes are open.I ate some pieces of rusk and a few tea spoonfuls of mixture.I think I was hungry too.I have to eat more vegetables.
Lord, let me praise you and adore you.Increase my love for you.Help me to feel unimportant.I have done whatever I could.I did study, took my degrees from different universities, taught in different places and had important assignments in my life.That is enough for me.I shall not crave for crumbs of position.
July 21,Tuesday
 I told the Cardinal that I would be sitting in the back.But then other fathers spoke of the need for rearranging the seat so that all can be seated together. Fr.Kallingal said  that Fr.G and Fr.J should be sitting in the front.So the Cardinal asked for a new seating arrangement.The problem is solved.Thank you Lord.
Today I have to give the recollection points. I am thinking of speaking in a conversational style in Malayalam.Let me see how it goes.Will pray hard for a successful talk.
July 22,Wednesday
I had a full night sleep.I don't know what caused the previous night's lack of sleep.
The talk last night went OK .I felt free in talking in Malayalam and English.Read the Gospel passage, Jn 8, on the woman caught in adultery. Presence of the mike was  very helpful.Referred to Meena's remark  and with that came to the passage.Spoke about the need for courtesy.Gave some examples.Also on the importance of the Eucharist in our lives.Sacraments do not give us any authority.We are servants of the Lord.There was an expression of appreciation from the priests. Thank you Lord,  for your blessing and help during the time of the talk.
This morning, joined the concelebration with Fr.Abraham. Went to the chapel but was sleepy .So came away.Will go in the afternoon for more time for prayer.I have to use my time for more prayers.That is the thing that I have to do in my life.
July 24,Friday
Thank you Jesus, for another day to praise you and adore you.I felt consoled by your words that you would acknowledge the  one before the Father who acknowledges you.Those words give me a lot of comfort and strength.(Lk.12.12). My sins and failures would be forgiven by the Lord is the reason for peace in my life.
Today ,had the mass with Fr.Abrham.Today is the feast of Mar Jacob of Nisbis.
Yesterday went to Ekm to get the pass book of the Oriental bank as the Good health insurance company wants the pass book of the bank through which one got the insurance for reimbursement.
This Sunday is the anniversary of Achayan.Will go to Leelamma's for lunch and then go to Ekm and return on Monday morning—that is the plan.
Today is the feast of Mar Jacob of Nisbis, one of the important Oriental saints.
I read in the book on How Christianity saved the Western civilization that it was Constantine who made the weekends free for laborers out of respect for man's right consequent upon his Christian conversion.
July 26,Sunday
Today is Achayan's anniversary.Said mass privately.Wrote a short note on Madathiparampil whatsapp. Mathaichan published a picture of Achayan.In fact, I was hoping that some one would do it. Had a quiet day. Nothing is to be done.I have to spend my time in prayers.The whole week is containment week as the gate is cordoned off. No movement from inside or outside.
Jesus, thank you for the time given to me.People welcome me to stay here.This is the first time, I have been living here continuously.
July 28,Tuesday
Today I received an email from Donna informing me about the passing away of Frank at their house on Saturday ,July 25th. I sent a note of deep sorrow, condolence and prayers.I got a reply from Donna telling me that on his last day, all his closest friends came to see him and he recognized them. He told Nina who gave him her kidney five years ago that he was ready to go.She thanks me for my offer of saying masses for him.Also wants me to say masses for his mom and Dad.I will definitely say masses for them too.That is all I can do for them.

July 31,Friday

How soon the days pass.I think I won't be able to get the book published as I was not focusing on that these days.I will try from today on wards and see what can be done. My 80th year is coming.It is a time of gratitude to God, a time to experience the joy of my faith and to convey it to others.I should not allow anything to trouble me.I should be firm, solid in my experience of faith.I have put my trust in the words of the Lord.He forgives us when we ask for forgiveness.I feel always guilt-ridden on account of my failures.But I have to allow the Lord to wash me clean and experience the joy of my intimacy with him.These two days should be specially devoted to that.
I did not do any thing specially yesterday.



No comments: