Monday, August 2, 2021

Thank you,22

 Thank you -22
April 27,Monday
Had a slow day.Did not do much.Said mass in the morning at the chapel.Will Spend more time in the chapel
Lord, thank you for your love and protection.I have to continue my prayers and to be in constant  contact with you.
Biju brought some of my books and articles from Xime.
So far God has protected me in spite of my weaknesses.
May 1,Friday.
Last night was the celebration of the Jubilee of Nikhila and this morning, we did join a concelebrated mass.Now my sleeping has become regular.
I was suffering from severe allergy in the last few days but today I feel better and could participate in the mass more calmly.
Bp.Anikuzhikattil passed away this morning and the funeral is  next Tuesday.The News media have a positive presentation of his contributions.
I have not done any reading after coming here.I have spent more time in the chapel and I think I would be doing the same in the coming days
Biju brought all my books from XIME.When I found the prayer book, I felt very happy.I thought I lost it or got it misplaced.Thank you ,Lord.Thank you St.Antony for your intercession.
May 3,Sunday
I am still here at the Mount.I think I will continue here for a few more days.The lock out rule says that people over 65 should be staying at home. From today onwards, I would start writing and reading.For a few days, I was severely disturbed by the allergy.
May 5,Tuesday
This morning the Cardinal left for Idukki for the funeral of the Bp of Idukki.I never had any interaction with him.He was not a talking type.His ordinariness was a source of attraction to many.He was loved by his people and the bishops.
Yesterday, George Paul called me to speak about the changes. He was un happy with the way he was transferred without any consultation.So also, he was not happy with the way Capt.Cyriac was elbowed out.
I have not done any serious work these days. From today onwards I would work on the scriptural notes that I have prepared.
.
Lord, have mercy on A. Her demise was very sudden.On my way to XIMe,in the morning, all of a sudden I felt the urge to say the rosary of Mercy.Maybe I was saying this as she got sick and was taken to the hospital.It was the first time that I said the rosary of mercy.In the afternoon, I saw the text of Donna informing me that she had passed away.I called her and she told me that everything had happened very fast.John also talked to me. Thus ended one of the glorious chapters in my American experience. She strengthened my Catholic faith and my priestly life.She made me join the Charismatic prayer group and introduced me to her prayer groups.Made me say masses for them.Her friends became my friends.All were over very fast.That is the way life ends.All happen without our knowledge.I have to offer myself totally to the Lord.All the days and months of my life should be given to the Lord.That is all what I have to do.

May 7,Thursday
How soon days pass by.Today ,I will be doing some writing.
The reading for the mass  was Mt.15 : 1-9
What Jesus wants from us is not lip-service but real internal dedication to Him.I have to be totally committed to my Lord.That is all I have to do in my life.
May 8,Friday
The reading for the mass was the multiplication of bread for five thousand.Jesus wanted to feed the people who were hungry which shows that he is always interested in the material and spiritual welfare of his people.He will not forsake any one.This should give me confidence in my life.Our  Lord will never forsake us even if we are sinful and ungrateful.His mercy has no limits.This multiplication reminds me that I have to multiply the gifts that have been given to me for the good of others.
My daily bread—p.198-- “ My daily life is really a battle,with opposing forces arising both inside and outside of me....Prayer,mortification and sacraments are the weapons which will overcome the enemy.Relying on God's grace and following the directions of the Church I will conquer sin and advance in virtue each day.”
May 10,Sunday,Mother's Day.
I said the mass in the chapel.Nothing serious was done. Opened my flash drive to read the notes. I have not done much there.Slowly working on it.I think I will spend some time on it to complete the work.I have to add some writing on priestly life.The last couple of weeks here were not spent in reading at all.Also , I was struggling with allergy.Now I take two tablets of allergy.I have also begun taking tumeric with honey.
I was told by Francis from XIME that their hostels are taken over by the Govt for quarantine purposes.
May 11,Monday

Today's meditation on the reading for the mass---Jesus speaking about the signs demanded by the people. What is needed is  a strong trust in the Lord.This is what I am going to do.I will spend my time affirming my love for the Lord.
May 12,Tuesday
Today's Gospel reading is from Mt.21
Jesus curses the fig tree and it dries out immediately.The disciples were surprised at the wilting of the tree and asked Jesus about it.Jesus tells them that they can do even greater things provided they have faith.Then he tells them they can get anything if they ask for it in his name.
This is a teaching for all of us to become hopeful and confident in our life.Any thing for our material or spiritual welfare will be given by Jesus provided we ask for them in His name.The Lord wants  firm and binding faith in Him.The Lord will work miracles for us.Whatever we think is abominable or disastrous for us at one time will be turned for our good when we look back upon it later in life.Thank you Lord for  your mercy and compassion.
May 14,Thursday
Today's meditation: Jesus is telling us that those who acknowledge him will be acknowledged by the Father. This  saying of Jesus  is the cornerstone of my spiritual life. Jesus will not abandon those who put their faith in him and who propagate His message.The Lord will forgive my sins and will protect me.
Today is the fasting and prayer day announced by the CBCI.I have to spend more time in adoration before the Lord in reparation of my sins.Lord, have mercy on me.

May 15,Friday
There will be the monthly recollection tonight .Fr.James will be giving the talk. The meditation this morning is about ceremonial washing.Jesus tells the apostles that what is important is not what goes through the mouth but what comes out of the mouth.All our sins are born in our hearts.It is those sins that are harmful.Jesus wants us to be pure in our actions.
May 17,Sunday
Said mass in the chapel on the second floor with other fathers.Had a common breakfast.Today's  blood sugar was high ,around 133.Yesterday I had bitter gourd water,mango juice(not sweet ),jackfruit pieces(three) and jackfruit supper.Something was there that increased the sugar level.I have to check my intake in the coming days.
Today's reading was from St.John Ch.17 on unity.Jesus wants the same sense of unity that exists between Himself and the Father to exist exist among the faithful with himself and the Father.That means, our hearts should not harbor any grudges and hostile feelings.Lord, help me to get rid of  all negative feelings or feelings of hardness against persons who have been unkind to me.Give me a spirit that is free and open.
May 20 Wednesday
This  evening I went outside for a walk.Until today, I was walking on the terrace.Tomorrow is the feast of the Ascension of our Lord.I did complete the translation of the Circular and mailed it to Fr.Vincent.
Lord , thank you for your compassion.As I look back, I see God protecting me in spite of my failures and sins.

May 24 Sunday
Said mass in the chapel.A quiet day. Until now,I could lead a few weeks of quiet life here. They are welcoming and I could spend my time in prayers. Since I was composing messages and translating circulars I did not spend much time in writing reflections. I will work more from today on wards in that regard.Yesterday was the 60th wedding anniversary of Kochayan.Went to Ekm for lunch.The sisters from the convent,Sr.Anny, the mother and another sister came in the evening.
June 1,Monday
Nimish called to say that Dina got the appointment order and she went and signed at the college office this morning.She was very persevering and succeeded in getting appointed in the Govt service.God bless her.
Thank you Lord for your blessings.

No comments: