Friday, February 2, 2024

Thanks 47

 Thank you-47

Dec.7,23

Lord, I thank you for this day. You kept me safe and healthy and preserved me from negativity and despairing thoughts. I thank you and praise you for your help and blessings. You gave me everything I needed and desired: Teaching, higher studies, a long stay in the US, helping other people, helping me to overcome my failings. Lord, you have blessed me abundantly.

Today is an important day. The MABP  will announce the news of his resignation in a press meeting today.

It is sad to see how his ministry has run short. He came with a great promise.  God bless him. May God give him the strength to handle the crisis. He is at peace and has reconciled with the decision. It is a time for a new beginning in the Church.  New hands will take over the responsibility. Ekm diocese also gets a new person.

He has been very kind and sensitive.Has always referred to me with great sensitivity and understanding. He has been very loving and compassionate. God bless him.


The new decisions will be announced at the press conference at 4.30 pm. I remember especially these days the help given to me by my friends in the USA, especially by the Fuselli family.

I have no words to thank them for their love and kindness. God had given me enough time to enjoy that friendship. 

Dec.8, Friday

We had a concelebrated mass this morning. The Cardinal took part in it as an ordinary priest.

Yesterday evening was the announcement of the Resignation. All the press and the TV people were present there. He read a short message in Malayalam of his resignation. He appeared weak and fragile. Responded to a few questions from the press. Bp. Vaniapurakal would be the new administrator of the Church. He gave some responses to the questions from the press. Until that moment, he was the Face of the Church. He made the Church present in all situations. Now the picture has changed. Today’s papers carried the news of his resignation. Mathrubhoomi  paper gave a nice presentation inside about the Cardinal and the SM Church. Wrote a nice editorial, praising the role of the SM Church.

I feel sorry for him as he almost got shrunk and has grown less firm in his appearance. May God bless him. He was a tower of strength for me personally.

May Mary our Mother protect him.

Jogy just now called. All got the news of the resignation.

Dec.20Wednesday

A lot of time has passed.

After announcing the decision, he gave up all the privileges he had enjoyed as the MABP.

I did translate some documents for the Chancery. 

Dec.18th—my ordination anniversary –concelebration with the Cardinal. As he was going out immediately after that, there was no celebration. The family had lunch at the BTH. Johnachan and Leelamma  made the arrangement.

Yesterday, I went to the Priests’ home. Met all the priests. Sponsored lunch for them. Returning from Chy, we had a car accident. It hit on the back of another car stopped suddenly at Irimpanam.Biju was just behind that car. We left the scene. Today , gave the car to the Chembumuku mechanical shop. I have to be without the car for a few days.

Thank God, no serious damage or personal injury did happen. I thank the Lord for the blessings.Johnachan was informed and he talked with me at the scene of the accident.

I have a persistent cough.

Liju and Linu are at home. Yesterday, I stopped at Chembumukku and spent some time with them.

Today is a silent day for me. I will spend some time reading and praying.

Jan 4,Thursday

A lot of things have happened. We had the Christmas celebration on 25th. I bought a shirt as a gift for the Cardinal. We had the family dinner at Kochumon’s house. Returned in the evening. From that time onwards, a lot of trips took place. Went to Thathampally for Kunjamma chechi anniversary, on 27th, Kumarakom the anniversary of Vavachan and Thankamma’s  marriage. Also a houseboat trip with Santosh. Anniversary of  Prof.KK Mathew, lunch with Santosh at Marriot on 29th. Went to Pala for Tholanikal Jubilee on Jan.2. Went to Chy on Jan 2 evening to say prayers at the house of M.J.James for his wife who passed away.

I wrote a blog on the resignation of MABP explaining some of the facts.


All are getting ready for the Synod to elect the new MABP.

Lord, thank you for your blessings. Help me to spend my life in prayers and devotions focusing  on you.

Jan.10,Wednesday

The election of the Major Archbishop was done yesterday. The name is supposed to be announced this evening if the confirmation from the Vatican comes today.It has not come yet. Three names are in the air, Bps.Vadkel(uj),Bp.Kallarnagatt and Bp. Thattil. But no public announcement has yet been made.

What makes the whole thing surprising is the way Abp was deprived of his post through the acceptance of his resignation. What was in his hands was handed over to Rome. He was told so many times to resolve the issue. He depended on other bps and thought that they would help him.

It is now 3pm and I am also waiting for the announcement. They planned to have the installation tomorrow. Hope it will be announced today.

The Synod is continuing. They are discussing other matters.


These days , I have not been doing much.I am not reading nor writing.I have to get back into a learning mode

Jesudas is celebrating his 84th birthday,Sathabishekam. I am also moving to my 84th with the new year.

I may have to publish a book on my reflections on priestly life. Just a few copies, to be done nicely. A farewell book.

I have to begin reading and using my time to praise the Lord.He has given this time to praise and adore him.Varghese’s wife is still in the hospital. They are suffering much. Lord, have mercy on them. I pray to you to do a miracle for them. Let her be healed. You have mercifully healed so many .Lord, come and bless them.

Ja.26,Friday

So many things have happened in between.

I went to the house of Joseph Varghese with Georgekutty to offer prayers. He was a gentle and quiet person. He had a lot of admirers. He passed away quietly.Georgekutty gave a short introduction.

Went to the house of K.V. Thomas.He passed away quietly.I did not know that he was sick. I spoke a few words after the office for the dead. It was at Edappally.

Sunnykutty Kurian too passed away. I couldn’t go to his house.

I went to the priest’s home to view the body of Fr.Mancherikalam.Said the office for the dead.Spent a little time with Jose P and Fr. Joy.

Two days ago George Vacha invited me for supper at Roastown. Dony came to pick me up. It was a lovely dinner. The food was excellent.

Today is the Republic day.I said mass privately.I find it more relaxing and convenient. I have enough time for Bible reading and meditation. I don’t have to rush. My old Mac doesn't open the BofA account as I think it’s outdated according to them. Tonight I have to call Jogy and get the new computer recognized by the bank.

 

No comments: