Monday, March 30, 2020

Thank you- 18

Saturday, Feb.8
Yesterday went to Chy for the Navathy celebration of Abp.Powathil. Very few were the people who recognized me.Also the officials connected with it were more bothered about the new guests.I was forcefully invited by Kuttemperror to sit in a front row!Rekha came and greeted me and later I realized that she was one of the comperes. After a few speeches ,I left the place ,stopped en route at Alleppey and reached here by 8p.m. Had dosa at the Anugraha.The place is Ok. The meeting was an occasion to pour more accolades on Abp.Powathil.One thing is that he would take his responsibility seriously and he works through the people entrusted with the task. The meeting did not have the rigor of a well-coordinated assembly.
e.
In the Gospel from LK ch.18, Jesus speaks about the need for persistence of prayers like the widow and for the condition of our mind while praying.We have to be humble and open to trust in the providence of God like the tax collector.I have to pray to the Lord incessantly.I should not be worried about anything.God's forgiveness and his mercy will come into my life.The Lord has given whatever I want in my life.That is enough for me.What is required is deep prayer. Never be slack in prayers. I have to spend more time with the Lord.
Lord, I will spend more time before you.Increase my faith .Help me to be close to you and feel your presence.
Feb.9,Saturday.Went to the Mount .Met the Major Abp and had a little time for chatting.He said he saw me yesterday at the meeting.In the evening, went to Joseph and Leela's apartment.She prepared a well prepared evening high tea with Idiyappam,cutlet etc.Dr.George of the Spices Board was invited for it but he did not come.He would be leaving by March 8th.
Today is Sunday and I( will use the time to read Tony Joseph's book.A lot of it is the collection of theoretical discussions of the spread of African Human First people to different parts of the world through the study of the DNA.The DNA study some constant chromosome genes that go back to the first people in Africa in every human being. The first chapter is more theoretical and foundational on genetics for the study of human populations.He has taken a lot of effort in collecting the relevant materials and sifting them or the right information.
In today's meditation from Lk Ch.18, Jesus speaks about the need to detach from our wealth and to depend on God. It is hard for a wealthy person to go to heaven as it  is difficult for a Camel to pass through the eyes of a needle.
Feb.9th,Sunday
Did not go any where. Ouseppachan from Thathampally came here to inform me that he would be the next Presidenti for Thathampally Church Perunnal. Offered him my support and prayers.
Nothing else was done.Took things lightly.Published Thomas and Reena's picture in my blog as well as in the Family What is app.
Feb.19,Monday
In today's Gospel reading from Lk.Ch.18
Jesus is going to stay with Zacheaus. His desire to Jesus makes him take great efforts to climb the tree to get a better view of Jesus.But ,Jesus sees his heart and his willingness to make a deep change in his life.Jesus' visit with him makes him reveal his innermost thoughts and  his decision to make a dramatic change in his life.
Lord, come into my life and create in me a heart that is open to you.Let me make a deep change in my life.Let me be totally attached to you.
I still miss A as I don't have anyone to share my thoughts and feelings with.I have always in my mind the picture of her presence before the sickness and the old age crept into her when she was healthy and strong.She was willing to drive long distances .Now the only thing I have to do is to pray for her.May God  grant her eternal rest.
I am at Xime.Sent my medical report to Jyothidev through Biju asking for the Doctor's evaluation.
It came to my mind in the morning that I should write everyday in the morning some reflections from “My Daily Bread”.
p.201
“No man is richer,no one is happier than he who loves My will in all things .Empty your heart of every other desire,and place your daily life in my hands. Work and pray and do all that is right and good for you.”
My Jesus,show me how to begin at last a life of obedience and loyalty to your will.Let me forget self and become more unselfish with those around me.How can I ever do what is wrong,knowing that it hurts me and offends you? I will try ,with your help,to live my daily life as a true and loyal follower of yours....You  have proven your love for me in a thousand ways.I hope to prove my love for you by trying to act as you want me to act in my daily life.”
Jesus, transform me.In spite of my experience and knowledge, I am still the same selfish person.I don't find any change in life.It is really strange.O Lord, have mercy on me.I am helpless and weak.You alone can save me.I fall at your feet.Forgive me.There is no comparison between myself and others. I am miserable and contemptible. Be with me ,Lord, all the time in my life.
Feb.11,Tuesday
I am here at XIME.
 Nothing serious has been done yet.Sini came here just now seeking to find a chance for the admission of his son.Have to talk to Dr.Nandagopal.Had tomato slices in the morning after the coffee. Will do some reading on Science.
From Daily Bread ,p.207
“ My loving Father,I  am unable to do anything worthy of heaven unless your grace enlightens ,strengthens, and assists me in my thoughts,desires,words, and actions,only with your help can I do what you desire of me.Without your grace I am helpless against the slightest temptations.You yourself are my constant companion.With you I wish to walk safely each hour of the day toward heaven's eternal happiness.”
Feb,12,Wednesday
At Xime.In the morning,my meditation was on L.ch.20 where jesus speaks about the owner of vineyard going on a long journey , entrusting the vineyard to the tenants.When he sent his servants to collect his share , the tenats killed the servant.Three of the servant lost their lives.The son who was sent later was also killed.Through the parable , Jesus makes his listeners understand that they would be punished if they did not accept his mission .
Jesus is letting me know that my attachment should be to Him and not to anybody else.It is only through Jesus that I can enjoy peace, joy and forgiveness of sins.There should be only one person in my life and that should be Jesus.Nothing can make me unhappy or disturbed as long as Jesus is with me.My failures , weaknesses and sins do not matter so long as I remain attached to him.Thank you, Lord for your mercy and compassion.
p.245
 “Lord,let your holy grace fall on this sinful heart of mine, so that I may love most what is most lovable,know best what is most important,and desire first what is most valuable.Let me fear and hate whatever draws me away from you.Teach me to pray.Help me to love your company and to seek it as often as possible,make me aware of your presence throughout the day.
Feb.15,saturday
Yesterday, went to SB College for the best teacher's award.spoke at the meeting. A short speech. No comments were received.
Today, gave a short talk to the teachers of St. Thomas college, Trichur. Their third batch. After the talk, the teachers began to raise questions about the academic system.
Talked to Abraham Kurien, He would be joining the Institute,
Thank you Lord, for giving  me the opportunity to work.
Feb.16,Sunday
Reaching the middle of the month.Have not done much during these days except making a few trips to Chy. Today's meditation is on Ch.21 of LK—Jesus is instituting the Eucharist.Sharing his body and blood.His arrest and Peter's denial.
The most sorrowful and agony-filled days of Jesus are beginning.
The Eucharist is the source of our strength and support.We have led our lives  with the Eucharist always before our lives, identifying ourselves with, immersing ourselves in the Eucharist. We participate in the mass to hear those words of Jesus on the bread and wine as his body and blood and to consume it in order to be transformed as God's children and to be forgiven of our sins.That is the most joyous occasion in our lives.Everyday we are getting purified and becoming worthy of standing in the presence of God.Jesus has forgiven the woman because she has loved Him much.Our love of the Lord wipes out our sins.
Yesterday when I spoke to the teachers, I spoke about the passionate love we should have of our subject.Mentioned Stephen Kovy's 'Sharpen Your saw.” Mentioned Francis Collins' work  and the genome project and his quote that the unravelling a genome is an act of worship.Mentioned the Principle of Indeterminancy and the Tao of Physics.I mentioend Francis Collins in my talk at SB college too.
I mentioned Meena T.Pillai and her reference to the way I respected her in the grading of her paper.Mentioned also Jomy Thomas and how  he was encouraged to write an article in the Deepika while discussing  the  encouraging  of the talents of the students.
When I was addressing the students of St.Thomas, I spoke about the Manorama news of Biju and how I offered him  admission.Mentioned the need to have dreams---a student's response about his dreams.Told them about the need to use the Library and developing proficiency in English language.
Gracykutty had an accident of breaking her finger while traveling with her friends in  an auto. Kochumon is with her at the Medical trust hospital.May God be with her.
Had a short talk with Francis Chacko.Did take some notes on Galileo.Had a talk in the morning with Sajan and Jogy and Sajan asked whether I could do the betrothal  ceremony on April 23. I hesitated to give a positive answer as we have the students' programme  beginning on that date.But this would be the only marriage betrothal I would be able to attend in the US of our nieces.Will pray to the Lord to make the decision.
I had cornflakes bought from the Reliance for my supper.It was OK with me to have such a light supper.I have to spend more time with the Lord and feel his love in my bones.Jesus alone is my happiness.Lord, be with me and bless me.Intensify my love for you.
Feb.18,Tuesday
Lk 23---read the chapter on the crucifixion of Jesus and the words of the two thiefs to Jesus.Jesus told the good thief,you will be with me in paradise today in response to his request, Jesus ,remember me when you come into your kingdom.That is what I have to request Jesus everyday. Remember me Jesus when you come into your kingdom.Lord, have mercy on me and forgive me.I have fallen into ways that were detrimental to my spiritual life.You alone can wipe away my sins and save me.Lord, have mercy on me.
Feb.20,Thursday
Yesterday , went to Chy for the  first memorial  mass of Prof.KTS. I was the main celebrant and  Fr. Kottaram sang for the mass. I gave the homily. It was a short homily but did not give many details.Visited Prof. Scaria Zacharia on my return with Varghese. Kariachan was weak and slow in movement but spent a little time with him reminiscing the past.He gave me two of his books,collections of his articles, which were recently published. Prof.Scaria has dealt with several facets of Kerala life, its literature, religions etc.One essay that I read dealt with an issue that I was also interested in which is on the lack of interest of the educated laity in the affairs of the Church. Those who are educated and intelligent keep their distance from the Church.It is the average type of people, intellectually undistinguished, that associate with the hierarchical set-up of the Church.the Chruch from the top to bottom is filled with the average.Those who question and challenge the worldly vision of th eleaders are kept at arms-length.This is is true of preists too.Those who are intelligent and have distinguished themselves through their intellectual contributions are kept away from notable positions of the Church.All need “Yes men.”
Today I am at XIME and will go to the Mount in the evening as they have a party to say farewell to the CMI team who are finishing up their term.



No comments: